JUDr. Jan Havlíček, Ph.D.
Advokát / Partner
Telefon: +420 567 215 880
Masaryk University in Brno, Faculty of Law, Master’s Degree (Mgr.) (2009)
Masaryk University in Brno, Faculty of Law, Doctoral Degree in Law (JUDr.) (2009)
Masaryk University in Brno, Department of International and European Law (under the supervision of Prof. JUDr. Naděžda Rozehnalová, CSc.), Ph.D. (2016)
Jan Havlíček is the founder of his own law firm, JUDr. Jan Havlíček, seated in Jihlava. The law firm also provides legal services in Prague and in a branch in Brno.
Within his scholar work and legal practice he focuses on business law, civil law, and international and national arbitration. He has broad experience and knowledge in law. He also provides his major clients with private legal advice.
At the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University he worked as an expert supervisor of the International Business Module. At the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University he is still a lecturer in the field of arbitration and claims management. In the area of arbitration he also participates, as a speaker, in various international conferences and seminars.
He has his own publishing activities, and is the founder of his own legal journal, Právní labyrint, that is focused on current issues in law and cooperates with the ASPI system.
Jan Havlíček is kept on the list of arbitrators of the Arbitration Court at the Czech Agrarian Chamber and the Czech Chamber of Commerce, the Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC – Vienna International Arbitral Centre), the London Court of Arbitration (LCIA London Court of International Arbitration), and Venice Chambers of Arbitration. He is also a member of the following international organizations:
– International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitration Forum
– International Centre for Dispute Resolution Young & International (ICDR), the international division of the American Arbitration Association (AAA)
– LCIA, Member of the London Court of International Arbitration Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
– London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Users’ Council.
Selected transactions for various clients:
- Consulting and legal representation of foreign investors against the Czech Republic in proceedings concerning a frustrated investment worth CZK 2.6 billion
- Legal representation of several dozens of Czech and foreign companies (s.r.o., a.s., v.o.s., SE, and others) with turnovers of CZK 100 million-1.5 billion, providing comprehensive legal services including the claims management.
- Consulting for a Czech client/a limited company (s.r.o.) in its acquisition – legal and financial due diligence, complete preparation of contract documents, legal and tax advice
- Consulting for and legal representation of clients in a merger of companies with a total turnover of CZK 850 million
- The legal representation of a client in a criminal case of robbery of CZK 33 million
- Preparation and revision of international contracts for a foreign limited company – general contracts, orders, order confirmations, general business terms, delivery notes, reminders and others.
- Successful legal consulting and representation of an English company in the proceedings before the Constitutional Court in the matter of arbitration
- Representation of a foreign client before the Supreme Court in the matter of arbitration
- Representation of a victim in criminal proceedings where the damage amounted to several hundreds of millions of Czech crowns associated with the representation in proceedings before the Constitutional Court
- Providing legal services to clients providing non-bank loans with a turnover of several hundreds of millions including the contractual agenda and the possible settlement of disputes.
- Providing legal services to clients of a claims insurance company in the performance of insurance contracts and settlement of disputes with debtors
- Providing complete legal services to several major real estate agencies in the field of real estate
- Providing private and personal legal services in connection with a generational transfer of a company (its turnover exceeding CZK 60 million)
- Representing a private investor in the acquisition of real estate (the total transaction amount exceeding CZK 100 million)
- Providing legal services to associations of flat owners, such as drawing up the articles of association and the owner’s declaration, and dealing with disputes concerning the performance